I was always the girl tagged because I'm a slow runner and usually laughing too hard at myself to get the words, "Not it!" out in time. So here are my 8 random facts about my marriage:
1. Sean and I actually knew each other years before we "knew each other". He was the "new kid on the block" in our youth group during our junior year of high school. Very cute, very smart and a bit odd. He read a book by Einstein and owned the first CD player I had ever seen. I do remember his smile vividly, though. I don't think we ever talked.
2. We both went out of state to college. He went to school in St. Petersburg, Florida and I went to Tennessee. We saw each other in the summers or at the annual college retreat.
3. We started loving each other during a mission trip to Mexico building houses. He needed someone to sit on a board while he sawed. I'm a good helper:)
4. We never officially went on a first date or any other date for that matter. We were happy just being together- no special occasion needed. From the wood cutting scene to the wedding was 11 months.
5. We opened up our wedding gifts/money cards in the car on our way to the honeymoon to determine how far we could drive. That's living on the edge. We ended up in Northern Michigan where we saw the replica of the World's Largest Cherry Pie.
6. We were both in school our first year of marriage so we had little funds. We got our food from a scratch and dent grocery store and we learned to beat the Simon-like game in the lobby of Little Caesars for free crazy bread at least once a week. Good times!!
7. We have special names picked out for each other for when we are old. I'm "Grandma Sweet" and he is simply "Blue" (it's the eyes).
8. Our wedding day was one of the best days my life. We married in the morning and tried to keep it as simple as we are. I wore a linen dress and he wore a black suit. I had the same flowers that my mother had (yellow roses and daisies). I will never forget the expression and smile on Sean's face when I walked down the isle. I knew that I would be loved forever.
And there you have it.