Friday, August 15, 2008

Rewards


With our first week of homeschooling under our belts, I'm optimistic. The kids have embraced the rules and the new routine. Notwithstanding the complications of the hour each morning they all want my attention at the same time, we are getting the schoolwork accomplished by about 2pm. The house doesn't look all that bad, either. With each of the kids doing 5 chores a day, it's adding up quite nicely.

Some say that being at home is a
thankless job. Well, it's not exactly a paying job, but it is full of rewards that are priceless. These are some of my wages for this week.

(top) A painting by Lydia with ALL the words spelled correctly:) That is a true gift right there.

(next) Miriam made our bed and put this on top.

(next) Hannah conducting her own experiment about creating a vacuum and then demonstrating it for the family. (video to come when it will download)

(last) I found this when 'grading' some phonics homework. I love brown-nosers.

"Not until after 4:00"; I love it!



























6 comments:

Saralyn said...

Don't you just love Explode the Code?! Glad you're back in the groove and appreciated to boot!

We just finished week 1, as well, but it wasn't so peachy. Instead of crying a river here I decided to post on it myself.

Andrea said...

It's so nice that you share all these sweet things! You're right about the rewards, though not material, they are priceless!
Andrea

Unknown said...

Yes, isn't it true that children are a reward from the Lord? (Psa 127:3 I think?) And I can't think of any greater joy than seeing them grown and learning together. Blessings on your journey!

Tisha Alexander said...

Oh wow, that is wonderful!!! I am sure it just melted your heart.

We are having a good year thus far, but no sweet gift like that!

Hopefully we'll see you this week at the LHE cookout!

Heather L. said...

Love that!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I'd say you were paid a million bucks in value this week! What priceless gems :)