Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jefferson's Ten Rules

This reading came up during school today. Some principles are timeless.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.

Never spend your money before you have earned it.

Never buy what you don't want because it is cheap.

Pride costs more than hunger, thirst, and cold.

We seldom repent of having eaten too little.

Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.

How much pain the evils have cost us that have never happened.

Take things always by the smooth handle.

When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, count a hundred.

4 comments:

Duckygirl said...

Wow, I'm feeling convicted. Those are great! I think I'm going to print these out.

-Laura

Unknown said...

Wow, Monica! What are you reading in school? These are awesome and straight to the point. I'm thinking of doing them in calligraphy, framing them, and hanging them in our school room! Hope you have a great weekend!!!!

shay said...

Wow. those are so true and quite amazing.
I think I'll read them with my kids too.

mindi said...

Very true sayings. I need to hang them on my wall!!