We snuck away for a few days this week and treated the kids to a surprise Holiday World adventure. It's theme park in southern Indiana stuck in the middle of a corn field. Seriously. I had to laugh while standing at the top of a five story platform in my bathing suit about to plunged to my death while watching a farmer fertilize corn. You know what they say, "There's more than corn in Indiana.":)
If you live within driving distance here is why you should go:
1. It's affordable. Adult tickets are in the low $30's and kids in the low $20's. Children under 3 are free. There are always ticket coupons or promotions. Also, you can purchase your next day passes for $20 each once you are in the park.
2. It is the cleanest park I've ever been to. There is even a lady in the bathroon with a towel constantly drying the floor at the water park so no one falls.
3. Free fountain drinks and sunscreen all day.
4. The food is not only good, but is reasonably priced. We could feed our family of 9 for around $45 and everyone was actually satisfied. But, you can also bring in your own food and snacks to enjoy.
5. They have a great variety of rides for toddlers/preschoolers. The little ones don't have to sit in the stroller all day and watch everyone else have fun.
6. If you love rollercoasters, you've come to the right place. I prefer the less jaring water thrill rides, which are incredible!
7. There is a campground adjacent to the park with shuttle service where you can tent camp, set up a pop up or even rent a delux RV for your family which sleeps 8. Quite convenient if you need to put little ones down for a nap.
8. Lincoln National Park and Boyhood Home are only 10 minutes away. There you can observe a working farm, learn from the many Lincoln exhibits and even become a Jr. Ranger.
9. Holiday World is big enough that you won't get bored, but small enough that you can ride your favorites several times during your visit.
10. If you have food allergies, Holiday World prepares allergy free foods in a special kitchen to be delivered to you when ready. You just place your orders at the beginning of the day and they accomodate to your needs.