Friday, July 2, 2010

On the Road

We've had an adventurous two day drive to Wyoming. Although I do miss our little ones, I must say that traveling with big girls has been a treat. We brought the big 15 passenger van so each person has their own row. There was definitely some lounging, reading and DVD watching going on.

We are always suckers for that roadside sign that says, "Turn Here." In the middle of Iowa we couldn't resist the American Gothic Museum.


We reached our friends, the Baumgartners, in Clarinda, Iowa just in time for a late dinner and a walk around their cute, little town. It was such a treat to see their new home and the church where Jack is pastor. Spending time with them is always an encouragement. Miss them.



We enjoyed driving across Nebraska knowing that Medicine Bow Lodge was on the other side. Hannah sat in the front and quizzed me for my exam for several hours. That was so helpful, and now I feel a little less pressure to study on vacation.


Coming into Wyoming there was a sudden change in the topography. As we climbed into the mountains the views were breathtaking.






We're settled in now at the lodge. Today we've taken two long rides up mountains, in aspen forests and through a few rushing river streams. Amazing.

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

I'm so happy for you!! sounds good so far! Thanks for updating!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Clarinda, Iowa, just a few miles north of my late wife's home town. That's often where we went to wash clothes, shop, eat out, etc. (You Name It!). What memories that Post brought back!

Jim Ewing

Tif said...

Wow, Monica, we recognize the rock and the lake in your pictures! What memories your trip brings back to us. I'm so excited that you had your first day riding today. I can't wait to see pics of it. Isn't it amazingly beautiful?? What cabin are you in? I wonder if it's the same as ours. Enjoy every minute!

Saralyn said...

LOVE the pitchfork photo!

Angie said...

LOVE LOVE the pic of you and Sean! Cracking me up! have a great time enjoying your time together!