Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teaching One Another

Perhaps one of the most enjoyable things about having children is observing their various strengths and gifts. I'm continually amazed at how different they are and yet how well they compliment each other. They are not perfect by any means, but learning to live and choosing to love each other in the midst of imperfection is what family is all about.

Recently, I picked up this book for $3 off the clearance rack. I had aspirations of actually engaging my kids through art. Little did I know what a treasure it would be! Within a few hours Lydia had all the kids involved in an art lesson. She was so encouraging every step of the way and the results speak for themselves.



Rebekah (age 6)

John (age 4)

Joseph (age 7)

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Wow. I am impressed. I have this book and have yet to figure it out. Maybe I'll give it anothe rlook this week! (or borrow your daughter...LOL) What lesson did she start with?