Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Birthday


When God created man he said that it was "very good". I'd like to second that!!

I've been asking Sean quite often these days, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I think it's beginning to bug him. I'm in no way implying that he isn't mature or not doing what he should be. It is only that when I look at him I see an amazing, gifted, intelligent leader and a man who continues to run toward the Lord year after year. He takes God's Word and seeks to apply it in specific and real ways to our relationships at home, in his classroom at school, and with his colleagues across the country. It's been amazing to watch God be glorified in this. I am excited to see what lies ahead in the years to come!

Sean was 23 when we got married and today he turns 35. In my mind I think he will be a perpetual 27ish (though I realize that it would be impossible for us to have seven children at that age). Believe it or not, he is still full of that much energy and vision.

Happy Birthday, Sean!! I love you, best friend.


Banana Split Ice Cream Cake

Graham crackers
Butter
Evaporated milk
Chocolate chips
Strawberry Ice Cream
Bananas
Whipped cream
Pecans


Melt 1/2 stick of butter and combine with crushed graham crackers. Press in 9x13 and bake 10 minutes to set.

In sauce pan heat 1 can evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 2 T butter. Pour over crust and freeze for 10 minutes.

Place a layer of sliced bananas. Then a layer of softened ice cream. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle on the pecans.

Cover and freeze. Can last up to 3 months in freezer. Ours won't last more than 2 days. YUM!!

1 comment:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Sean! Thank you for making my friend so happy.