Monday, September 15, 2008

Frugal $400 Update

We are half way through the month and I'm happy to report that I've been a good girl thus far. There is about $95 left in the grocery/household budget. This will need to cover the two packs of diapers and food for the last 10 days of the month. I think we can make it stretch. I'm planning a special trip with the kids at the end of the week while Sean is out of town, so I'll need to get creative with that.

I still have yet to see the inside of a CVS or to score a great grocery deal. I'm finding it hard to justify going to one store for just a few items. Time and energy are at a premium, but I'm keeping my eyes open nonetheless.

So how have we been staying on track this month?
- Planned all of our meals and snacks
- Made our own instant oatmeal
- Caught the Kroger dairy man marking down milk and stocked the freezer
- Clipping coupons again
- Staying home more

He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and merciful. He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever. -Psalm 111:4-5

1 comment:

Tara said...

Re: Diapers. Yesterday I scored the biggest score I have in a long time. Our grocery store had two 62 ct boxes of huggies on clearance for $10. Add in two $1.50 off coupons that my girlfriend had and I bought both boxes (124 diapers if my math is correct) for $17!! That's about 12 more diapers for $2ish less than I pay for Luvs. (Yes, they are the next size up, but for that price for that brand I'm happy to store them for a few more months!)

We suspect that huggies (and pampers) are reducing the number of diapers per box so they're clearancing them out all over the place.