Well, it's finally done. After about three months of planning, frugal shopping, and some previously untapped creativity the girls' bedroom is now officially made over. The goal was to spend around $50 to transform their bright, girlish bedroom into one that reflected their changing tastes. We were committed to using the existing furniture and enhancing what we already own.
We started with the colors. The girls chose creme, brown, light blue and light aqua. And from there the plans were formed.
The first thing that had to change was the furniture. Both of these dressers are older than myself and have been passed down and painted several times before.
With about three coats of dark brown paint,Pumpernickel, and new knobs the dressers were transformed.
It took two quarts of paint at $18 and 14 silver knobs for $14. As you can probably guess, we went way over budget redoing this room, but I think that the changes were well worth it.
While the dressers were drying the painting of the walls and sewing the duvet covers began....