Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Living as Friends

This video encouraged me today to think about how I interact with Sean. In the midst of deadlines, raising children, broken vans, daily work, familiar routines.... It's easy to forget that God has given us each other not just for partnership, but to make the dailiness of life a whole lot of fun.

Here is a couple married for 62 years who walked into the lobby of Mayo Clinic, saw a piano and did what they do best. It's clear how much they enjoy one another and love spending time together. I don't doubt that they learned that duet many years ago and have been practicing it ever since. After 62 years of marriage I want to still be walking together, playing together and bringing joy to others.

See the video here. You'll be glad you did.

You can also watch an interview of the couple. I think it explains a lot about how marriage can last 62 years.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

DOGGONE adorable! Gave me goosebumps!

mindi said...

That is so sweet!! Sure puts everything into perspective . . .