It's seems like a year since I posted, yet it's only been a few weeks. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging. So, in a nutshell, here's what's been going on in my world.
1) I'm finally recovered after a month long of illness that started with strep and ended with bronchitis. I almost made it to Spring healthy, but alas.
2) We said good-bye to our smaller van. Water in the engine is a VERY bad thing. We were fortunate to be able to use Sean's mom's car until he we got hit. The car was totaled, but he only sustained minor injuries for which we are thankful.
3) After much praying and asking the Lord for guidance, we were at a loss. In our commitment to live debt free, we were getting used to the idea of being a one-car family. I spent a Saturday morning crunching numbers and came home discouraged with the reality of it all. Within an hour we received a call from my oldest sister. She and her husband had been praying for a few weeks themselves. By the end of the week they delivered one of their cars to our home and sold it to us for $1. Neither Sean or I will drive that car without remembering how God provides.
4) We were able to spend Spring Break in East Tennessee in a cabin at the top of a very steep hill. We had a great time showing the kids where we used to live as well as completely reveling in the beauty of God's creation. It was just what we needed as a family. No schedules. No interruptions. Just us.
5) I'm enjoying a season of reading. This comes around about every few years. But I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm digging in to. I look forward to posting a few reviews in the future.
6) We are in the home stretch for homeschooling this year. Some of the kids are finishing up their books already and getting extra time outside in this beautiful weather. I find myself getting a little more sentimental each day as Hannah approaches her last days of homeschool. *sigh*