Friday, May 22, 2009

May Garden

The weather this past week has been PERFECT. This has inspired me to spend a lot of time digging and moving plants around. It's kind of like rearranging furniture. Most of these plants came from my mom's, sisters' or friends' gardens. I can't help but think of them when I'm tending to my Garden. I love to share, too, so let me know if you ever need some flowers to fill in your garden. The pastel spring colors are fading and soon the bright yellows and reds of June will be here.


Underneath our living room window. It's fun to watch the birds come and feast (before the bird feeder broke).


I saved these lillies from my dear friend, Carrie's, house last Spring before they started a landscaping project. I'm excited to see what will happen now that they are established.

Our up and coming butterfly garden- a part of our Certified Wildlife Backyard Habitat.






The tree is finally tall enough to provide some afternoon shade. Nothing has ever survived this spot in the garden. Now, hopefully, the plants won't get fried in the July sun.

And lest you think all is perfect, this is our backyard "garden". Grass wouldn't grow here so we dug it up a few years ago and it has sat there since.


I have visions though:



6 comments:

Catherine said...

How lovely! Most of my plants come from other people too, although mine don't look nearly as good as yours! My grandfather termed my gardening efforts the "put things in the ground and dare them to live" approach, but I'm trying to do better this year. If you ever have starts of anything, I'm always up for new things to plant.

Heather L. said...

Your garden looks great! Thanks for sharing your plants with me. They've come up and spread this year and look really nice.

Monica said...

Oh my word. Everything is so beautiful. Abby and I dream of having flowers like that! We have lovely trees and shrubs, but not much blooming. We have done some planting the last couple of weeks. Hopefully things will do well. Thank you for sharing. Your house looks beautiful too :^)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Your garden looks GREAT! Most of our plants come from my parents house, so I am right there with you. (course, ERic does all of the planting around here - I am NOT a green thumb and he loves it)

Love the vision :)

Brooke said...

I think you could do some professional landscaping. It looks fabulous :) Job well done.

mindi said...

Your gardens are so lovely - one day I hope to have a green thumb. We're starting out here - we'll have to see where it leads us :D