There are a few particular results that we are looking for with this Elimination Diet. None of us have ever been diagnosed with any specific food allergies, but there are some physical symptoms/behaviors that we hope will respond positively to this change. Here's the rundown:
1) Eczema- terribly uncomfortable, itchy, inflamed and infected. It has not responded to creams, environmental changes. It's just gotten worse. If steroids don't have to be used, that would be ideal.
2) Sensory Issues- one daughter has NEVER been able to tolerate certain types of materials and clothing. This really isn't a rebellion issue, but a sensory one that has impeded concentration and learning at times.
3) Inability to concentrate- My kids are not ADHD by any means, but more consistently lately have had problems with focusing and recall.
4) Chronic Ear Infections/Fluid- this translates into antibiotics several times a year and often missing intructions/ meanings in conversations and constant discomfort.
5) Irrational food cravings- sneaking foods and never satisfied
6) Bloating/Stomach Aches several times a week
7) Inability to loose weight
I'm happy to report these things after the first 7 days!
1) Only one stomach ache
2) Sensory child CHOSE to wear jeans three times this week. I even asked her if I could cut the tags out for her if they bothered her too much. She said she didn't even feel them.
3) The eczema improved initially, but then flared up terribly last night and today after exercise.
4) Everyone is more alert and then appropriately tired at the end of the day.
We are also tracking everyone's basal (morning) temperature and have found a steady increase across the board by about a degree. Initially, everyone was in the 96's and now we are in the 97's.