Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fire Station Fun


Did you know that you can schedule a birthday party at your local fire station for free?

A fire station is considered a community building and oftentimes has a meeting room that you can reserve for the party. Afterwards a real fireman will provide a tour of the station and a truck. They even have hats and coloring books for party favors! You just need to call and get on the schedule. Of course your party could end quickly if they have a call for a fire, but wouldn't that be exciting for a group of little boys to see?

Check out more ideas at Works For Me Wednesday!

*Just to note, the meeting room can be reserved for other purposes as well.*

6 comments:

mindi said...

I did not know that!! Thanks for the idea - I might have to do that come July!

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Wow...I had no clue. That would be a terrific place for my son's next party...I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the tip!

Heather L. said...

I had no idea! that's a really neat idea!

Unknown said...

I didn't know that! Wow. I wonder if Baylee would be interested since Wil's a little too old. Hey, I talked to Rog after I left Chick-Fil-A and told him about what you and I talked about about high school. He's all excited about making an appointment. We need to get William in there because he's skeptical. He went to Kingsway for 1-3 and says he really wants to go to public now. I know he doesn't really know what he's saying, but how do you explain things like that to a 14 year old boy? You know? :-)

Sheila said...

My son LOVES fire trucks. I will have to look into that.

Andrea said...

What an awesome idea! I have three boys who would love that (and so would my girl too)!
Andrea