Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blogging with a purpose


Alaina has kindly given me this award and it came at the most appropriate time. At the end of the day I want to lay my head down knowing that God has been glorified through my life. Sometimes, it is obvious how He is working. Other times I have to look really hard through the craziness and squint and tilt my head just the right way to catch a glimpse of His glory. This is not because of Him, but due to my own sin and the struggle to be in this world but not of it.

Last week was one of those weeks. So this award came at an opportune time to remind me that anything good that I do is because of God's grace. It is certainly not doing good things that makes a person a Christian, but rather the gift of faith first and then the privilege to do good things in His Name.

Ephesians 2:8-10 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I do desire that my blog glorify God and bless others. There are several blogs that I read on a regular basis that may be different in content, but all have one thing in common. These woman are driven to write because of their love for the Lord and desire express their thoughts and lives in a way that brings glory to Him.

I hope that you have a chance visit each of these and are blessed as I have been.

Michelle at Morning by Morning is a fellow mom and homeschooler who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her blog is a record of this journey and her walk faith. She is honest, inspirational and wise. I know that she would invite your prayers and comments of encouragement as well.

Catherine at Catherine Wheels is an avid reader of all literature who provides a monthly review of books. I happen to know her personally and love to read her writing because her personality and voice really shines through. Catherine reads as though she has the Bible in one hand and the book in the other. Her reviews are well written and intelligent. I have been challenged not only to read more but to be a more thoughtful reader. She also reviews children's books which is fun.

Mary at Not Before Seven is a mom focused on loving her husband and family in real ways. She has three preschoolers and is enjoying life at home with them and helping others do the same. She hosts Tiny Talk Tuesday which is a carnival to record for the world all the witty and cute things that kids say. I'm glad for this forum to encourage me to not let those moments pass without taking note. She also is reading through the Bible as God gives her time and recording her reflections. Her life reminds me of this Scripture:

But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."-Luke 10:40-42


Saralyn at The Place Beneath speaks forth clearly and honestly on real issues of life. She doesn't try to hide her struggles or her victories. She blogs about all different areas of her life, but one thing shines through. She desires to be pleasing to God and loves Him deeply.

Thanks for sharing your lives. Now it's your turn. Go here to get the information on how to pass this award along.





3 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Monica,
Your words here are completely humbling. I can only point to the Lord and say all glory to Him for His drawing me nearer to Him this last year. I hope my blog truly does reflect Him and His work in my life. Thank you doesn't seem adaquate because your words made me a bit weepy...in a good way. Thank you for sharing your struggles, joys, and your family on your blog!

Saralyn said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging words and your gift bestowed. I also find them quite humbling. It is my desire to share both the difficulties and the blessings of my Christian life with my fellow travelers that we might "spur one another on to love and good deeds." You are a blessing!

Catherine said...

Thank you Monica!