Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Things They Say

Joseph (while aiming a toy bow and arrow at my head while I'm fixing dinner): Are you an outlaw?!

Me: No.

Joseph: Then you must be an in-law!!




Betsy came to me in her Upwards uniform and asked:

Betsy: Mom, what does this say?

Me: Upwards.

Betsy: "How come Lydia's shirt says something different. Her letters go the other way."

(It took me a second to figure out what she meant.)

Me: Oh, the letters are the same, but yours seem backwards because of the way you're looking at them.

Betsy did a 180 and turned so that her back was to me.

Betsy: Nope. They're still backwards mom.



Joseph was whining and running in small circles like a puppy chasing his tail and pulling at the back of his shirt.

Me: Joseph, stop. What is the matter with you?

Joseph: There is a ticket following me! (aka his shirt tag:)


Want to read other funny things kids are saying. Go to Mary's for Tiny Talk Tuesday.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Now you wouldn't want to be an IN-law! :-) The upside down and backwards letters just reminds us that their perspective is sooooo different from ours! How cute!
Just found your blog - LOVE the title photo and verse!
Andrea

Mary@notbefore7 said...

These are so funny! I loved the Upwards letters. Kids are just so fabulous!!!! (Have I mentioned that our church has upwards basketball?)

I love these funny things!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I chuckled out loud! Stop that ticket - quick! Cute kiddos!