Sunday, January 20, 2008

Come to the Table


As requested my recipe blog is up and running. Being that our grocery money for the month is nearly gone I took stock of my pantry and went on all recipes.com in search of ideas. I made a short list of needed ingredients, shopped and now I'm ready to go.

The purpose of this recipe blog is to provide healthy/low cost ideas for large families. I'm going to be steering away from the typical casserole dishes. They do serve alot of people, but they are usually more expensive than they are worth and not at all good for you. My expert panel of judges will be weighing in with a thumbs up or thumbs down. There will also be a lot of before and after pictures because we all know that the true test of a meal is how much food is left on the kids' plates.

Personally, I hope that this blog will motivate me to keep on budget and think outside the box on many levels. Having all my recipes in one place will be a bonus, too.

So, I hope that you will come by The Full Table for a look and pass it along to any large families you may know.

5 comments:

Alaina said...

That's awesome! And it is so nice to have some of your favorite recipes all in the same place! I'll have to try some of them and just make 1/2. :)

Heather L. said...

That is so exciting!!! And I love how the blog somehow looks like "your" colors. Can't wait to try the recipes! Thankyou!!

mindi said...

What a great idea!
I'll definitely stop by and try some out (smaller portions of course!)

Anonymous said...

What!
Don't forget your shine again blog.
We will miss it if you do!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to check it out. What a great idea, Monica!